Saturday, April 11, 2009

Wealth of Washington


Our very own Michael Hughes just returned from a whirlwind trip to Seattle to attend the Taste of Washington. Over 200 producers poured their wines at the 3 day long event. What he found was astonishing. "The quality of the every wine I tasted, & I tasted a lot, was unmistakable." he says. "Even the wines that I didn't personally like, I couldn't help but recognize their quality. I knew they were producing some exceptional merlot & syrah, having had a few in the store for awhile. But I didn't realize these vintners also produced incredible cabernet franc, cabernet sauvignon & malbec." Many of the producers were boutique in scale, producing less than 7,000 cases. Some only make a few hundred. With luck & determination, we will be getting some of these producers in store in the next few months. Some wineries to look for include; Buty, Bergevin Lane, Beresan, Airfield, Bunnell, Maison Bleue.....

No comments:

Post a Comment